Saturday, May 9, 2009

Waiting for the team

Position: Germany, Frankfurt airport

I am sitting on a stack of tires in the Frankfurt airport. I have been in Germany for the last two days, the plan being to travel before Curtis and Sarah so that I could catch up with an old friend and arranging a pick up of the tires on other equipment that surrounds me. Our buggy equipment was made in Germany by Libre, who kindly modified the buggies with extra carrying capacity to accommodate our gear. They also provided us with the extra material we would need to repair the buggies and when the shipping company was unable to deliver the equipment they took it upon themselves to personally drive the buggies to us. From there, my friend Anne and I barely managed to fit all the equipment into a van and after much struggling with the elevators and the occasional odd look we transported our equipment to the cargo company that would, for a cost, ship the goods to Mongolia. Now amongst the boxes of buggy gear I am waiting for Curtis and Sarah to arrive from Montreal. Their flight is delayed.

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment